Vision of the Future Reflective Journal #3: Tech Models

I really, really like infographics. They look so beautiful and they force one to be concise, something I might struggle with a little, hey?  I use them in my teaching a fair bit as inquiry provocations, lesson organizers, etc.  Here's a sample from a science lesson (the film clapperboard takes you to one of France tvÉducation's excellent Un Jour, Une Question videos):


In the Scope and Sequence presentation I'm creating for our Vision of the Future project  I'm incorporating a Visme slideshow containing Canva infographics, a Padlet and a Powtoon.  I think it might be too much but I'll have to check out the final product before I decide. 

I've chosen these presentation media because I feel they do the best job of:

  • engaging teachers (Padlet response vs the usual Stand and Deliver)
  • presenting information in a concise and attractive way (infographics)
  • being available to review at a later time (Powtoon online calendar instructions)
  • creating a logical order for the presentation (Visme)
I also hope that, everytime I use these media in collaborative teaching or staff presentations, I foster teachers' appetite for using the tools in their own practice--and teaching their students to use them when they have information to create and share.  

Well, what do you think about a Visme containing infographics, a Padlet back channel and a Powtoon  video.  Too much?  Let me know!

Comments

  1. I am enjoying following the development of your vision and, incidentally, am delighted that I can still read some French. I admit "banquises" had me stumped. Thank you for the introduction to Visme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts